Publiez votre offre d'emploi sur le site Internet de l'ICÉC »
Guichet d'emplois de l'ICÉC
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator (Solterra) Delta, BC
- Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
- Delta, BC
The Solterra Group of Companies specializes in developing and building top-quality high-rise residences and town homes.
Over the past 18 years, the team at Solterra has been involved with the development of many award-winning multi-residential communities throughout the Lower Mainland. We understand the importance of a home and pride ourselves on creating residences that feature exceptional design, solid construction and quality finishes.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will join our high-rise division and to work on multiple projects in Vancouver, BC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs for all systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development and, construction documents).
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- Will assist the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input.
- Develops unit costs accurately.
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and uses this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
- Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload. Proficient in all computer software programs used in pre-construction.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
- The majority of the work is completed in an office setting at the main office.
- Periodic meetings at off-site locations may occur.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a residential construction project, assemble into one budget.
- Must be able to work in and/or organize teams.
Education and Experience
- 10 years of pre-construction/estimating experience on commercial construction projects. Knowledgeable in all of the following building project residential components: civil/site work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Must be able to operate as a standalone estimator able to handle complete projects if required.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
How to Apply for This Position
- Please forward cover letter and resume to: LindaO@Niradia.com
Release Date: 2019-10-17|
Expiry Date: 2020-01-15